Diamond Protection Training is entitled to charge fees for services provided to learners undertaking training and assessment that leads to a nationally recognised outcome. These charges are generally for items such as course materials, textbooks, learner services and training and assessment services.
Fees are payable when a learner has received a confirmation of enrolment. The initial fee payment must be made prior to commencing training or within 5 days of receiving an invoice from Diamond Protection Training. Diamond Protection Training may discontinue training if fees are not paid in accordance with the agreed fee schedule. The current fees and charges for Diamond Protection Training are published within the current schedule of fees and charges.
Schedule of Fees and Charges
The Chief Executive officer is responsible for approving Diamond Protection Training Schedule of Fees and Charges. The schedule of fees and charges is to include the following information:
- the total amount of all fees including course fees, administration fees, material fees and any other charges for enrolling in a training program;
- payment terms, including the timing and amount of fees to be paid and any non-refundable deposit/administration fee;
- the nature of the guarantee given by Diamond Protection Training to honour its commitment to deliver services and complete the training and/or assessment once the learner has commenced study;
- any discounts, fee reductions or exemptions available for multiple enrolments, concession card holders, continuing learners, group bookings etc;
- the fees and charges for additional services, including such items as issuance of a replacement qualification parchment or statement of results and the options available to learners who are deemed not yet competent on completion of training and assessment; and
- Diamond Protection Training refund policy.
Replacement of text and training workbooks
Learners who require replacement of issued text or training workbooks will be liable for additional charges to cover the cost of replacement. Where a learner has purchased a text or training workbooks and subsequently cancels his or her enrolment, Diamond Protection Training will not refund monies for the text unless a written request for a refund is received and we are satisfied that the text is in as-new condition. For a full list of replacement charges please refer to Diamond Protection Training schedule of fees and charges.
Giving notice of enrolment cancelation
A learner who wishes to cancel their enrolment must give notice in writing. This may be via email or letter. Diamond Protection Training staff who are approached with initial notice of cancelation are to ensure the learner understands their rights with regards to the refunding of tuition fees. The learner is also to be advised of other options such as suspending the enrolment and re-commencing in another scheduled training program.
Learners who give written notice to cancel their enrolment and who are eligible for a refund are to be provided with a Refund Request Form. Learners’ who may not be eligible but are requesting a refund should also be provided with the Refund Request Form so the request can be properly considered by the Chief Executive Officer.